Monday, December 20, 2010

ahhh cages !!

I was going to make the cage today but my dad decided that he was going to ignore me. ; o;

Yesterday I looked up the most efficient ways to make a cage. In the end, I decided to construct one from wire storage cubes. They cost about $20-$40. Bed Bath & Beyond have them for $20 so the plan was to go there today (as you already know, it didn't work out D:). I'll probably venture down tomorrow and see if they have them in stock. If not, I don't know what to do. Target has them for $27 but they have to be ordered online. If the cost goes up too much, I don't see the point of making one when I could just buy one. It's really eating at me.
; o;. I'm not aloud to spend a lot of money though.

Proposition for caging:
Storage cube grids: 14ft by 14 ft. 3 cubes x 2 cubes x 2 cubes. Hopefully, this should work. The package comes with about 19 or 20 cubes, hopefully 20 because that's just enough. The top will be open so I can reach in and she doesn't feel closed in. The bottom will be a mat or rug type thing. Inside, we'll probably need to purchase a litter box, litter, hay, toys, etc. Her chew toys will be cardboard. c:

The other alternative is to construct a cage from woven wire that you can purchase at Home Depot or ACE. Unfortunately, they come in 50ft long rolls and aren't worth it when I would only use about 10 ft. It would also be much more difficult. I'm sure I'll think of something in time. ; o;

Updates on the appointment to see the bunnies:
NONE. Suzi (she's a foster volunteer who currently is housing all the baby bunnies) isn't responding to my e-mail so I had to send her another one today. The East Bay Rabbit Rescue website is really confusing me. It says that the rabbits are already spayed (updated a few days ago) but Suzi informed me that they were to be spayed today. I'm not sure which is right. Anyways, I e-mailed her today and hopefully the appointment will be very very soon. I wished them lots of luck for surgery. :)

It turns out that they're actually 12 weeks old now (EDIT// Clara is actually 5 months, the others are 3 months). Yes, it has been awhile! I was actually hoping I could get even younger bunnies like one month old. They're nearing the teenager period where rabbits are kind of jerks. I hope I can make it through as a first time bunny owner. Spaying and neutering helps keep the results to a minimum but nevertheless bunnies can be very destructive during the teenager age. My mom would kill me if they chewed our furniture. This poses another difficult problem:

The storage cubes I am going to buy are 14 ft tall and bunnies can jump well over 14 ft. If my bunny hops out one day and chews up our house, I am officially dead. My mom says we can just cover up the top when we're not home but I think it would make bunny feel closed in. It's all so difficult. ; o;


Anyhow, I really hope Suzi responds soon (with good news!) and that I can have the cage up soon.
Well, gotta go practice piano. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on my blog!
Leave Romeo and Tigerlily some comments. c: