Wednesday, December 22, 2010

BUNNY IS HOME ~

Bunny just came home a few hours ago. I never guessed I'd end up adopting Bugs ! He is the cutest little bunny ever! He's tiny, sweet, and curious! He settled into his little cage (which turned out to be the perfect size, maybe even too big) as soon as he set foot in it. My mom, dad, and I watched him scurry and binky around eating hay, lettuce, and stealing treats from my hands. I think he's still getting used to the idea of people around him all the time but he seems really comfortable. My dad made him a little "hidey house" where true to it's namesake, bunny won't stop hiding in! I think he loves that little cardboard box that he used for the trip home. All my dad did was cut a little bunny-sized hole in the middle!For padding underneath the cage, my dad cut a 30 x 30 inch piece carpet (we had some left over). It's really soft and bunny seems to be enjoying it.

It turns out that Bugs is really not as gray as the pictures. He was in a cage at the Lafayette Pet Shop with Grayson, his brother. Both of them are gray with tan and white splotches on their feet and belly! Carolina and Theodore (I think) were there too... they had already been adopted as a pair. Carolina was extra cute with tan fur and gray patches here and there. They're actually all from the same litter. I think it would have been nice to bring Carolina home but I'm not complaining. Bugs is ah-mazing! Clara was there too. She is a little overweight, putting it lightly. Haha. I never expected her to be THAT big! She is truly humongous. She was sweet all the same. :)

At the shop, the manager showed us and confirmed everything that we needed. We ended up buying a small litter box (for Bugs' small size, $4.99), Purina Rabbit Pellets (the manager said they were important but I think they're fattening), Oxbow Orchard Hay (it came free with the bunny!), and Cat Pellet Litter ($12.99 and huge). His adoption was $50. Everything plus tax totaled around $79.

On the trip home, Bugs was terrified. The road wasn't exactly smooth and bunny was tossed to and fro. Poor little guy! I felt so sad as I hugged his box and opened the top to comfort him. He stuck his little head out and stared at me. It was the sweetest thing ever.

I think Bugs is tired from the long trip and entertaining us afterwards. Now he's sleeping in his little hidey house. Wahh. He's too cute. c:

I kind of want to watch him run around some more but he really is tired. Maybe I can lure him out later with some yummy lettuce! It seems as if he eats his food in priority. He likes the lettuce the most, pellets next, and hay last! He's really not a fan of hay.

BUGS IS A SMART COOKIE! I never ever expected that he would know how to use his litterbox just like that. He pooed a tiny little poop on the side but I scooped it up and put it in his litterbox. Immediately, he started using the litterbox. There's no pee or poop anywhere but where it's supposed to be. What a smart little darling. c:

When I pet him, he slinks back. I think he doesn't know us too well yet. I'm sure he'll get to know us in no time! He's an adventurous, brave bunny.

Now I just need to settle on a name. Ollie doesn't really catch on...
I need to watch him some more. :)
Pictures  will be coming soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on my blog!
Leave Romeo and Tigerlily some comments. c: