Saturday, December 25, 2010

bonding

I just had another bonding session with Romeo. He's such a sweetie and I can't resist his little eyes. :) He just ran around me for the hour doing binkies and licking my hands. The TV was on and sometimes the noises scared him but when I called out his name he calmed down. I think we're friends now. I love him so much.

My mom and I taught him a begging trick. Now he stands on his hind legs and offers a bunny paw when he wants treats. It's so cute. I can't help but to pamper him and feed him little bits of apple.

His severe need for chewing has already decreased. I think this is because of our consistent "no" and clapping. He understands us now and I feel like we know each other as close, close friends.

Although he has proves himself everyday, I still marvel at his smartness. He hasn't pooped or peed anywhere other than his litter box. Of course, there is the occasional poopy that sticks to his little bunny butt and ends up somewhere in his cage but that's unavoidable.

He's drinking now and he consumes his orchard hay so quickly. He seems to gobble it up on the spot and I have to refill it. It's just fiber with minimal calories, so he should be fine. He pooped a lot yesterday. I cleaned his litter box this morning and half of it was filled with little poopies. He ate a lot yesterday though, so it makes sense.

Anyways, I just needed to record that hour of bonding with him. I think it's a mile marker in our friendship.

Romeo sends his regards. I think he sees the light of the laptop. :)

P.S. My friends Julia (she just came back from Austria) and Charlotte (she has two darling Netherland Dwarf bunnies) are coming tomorrow to visit me and Romeo. I miss them. :) A shout-out to Ebony, one of Charlotte's adorable bunnies who is recovering from a parasite infestation. Good luck little girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on my blog!
Leave Romeo and Tigerlily some comments. c: